Ebeacon welcomes hard-working, energetic and talented people to be a part of our team. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a great work environment. We're located downtown, in Kansas City's Crossroads Arts District.
PHP Web Application Developer
Ebeacon specializes in integrated online catalogs, e-commerce, and online marketing applications. We design and develop large, sophisticated web sites, specializing in B2B sites for manufacturing, distribution, and engineered products. Our content-based marketing services leverage the rich data available in our online catalogs and commerce applications.
We use the CodeIgniter PHP framework using Model-View-Controller and Object-Oriented development principles; specific CI experience is most helpful, though any MVC and OO development experience is a plus.
You must have excellent problem-solving and communication skills; a strategic view of how to design, implement, and enhance web database applications; and sensitivity to customer and end-user data requirements.You’ll work on a variety of projects, so an ability and willingness to shift your focus among multiple projects is essential.
You will work as part of a team to design, develop, and implement solutions. You must be able to actively engage in strategic development discussions, identify and solve problems, and write efficient, well-documented, secure code. You’ll be expected to deliver solutions for our own internal product development as well as for clients in a variety of industries.
You must have a willingness to learn about and rapidly analyze project needs, and the ability to engage multiple, concurrent projects as a key member of the development team.
Web and mobile application design and development
Development of web-based user/admin tools for maintenance and management
Data implementation and conversion for online use
Third-party integration via web services/API/XML
Development and implementation of reporting and analysis tools
1. PHP5 (OO experience using MVC framework preferred) and MySQL5
3. Ajax, XML and Web Services
4. Version Control (SVN) and Bug Tracking
Education: B.A. or B.S. or equivalent work experience in relevant field.
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of real-world experience in development and database application support. The strongest candidates will have experience with at least some of the following:
Application Design and Development using Object-Oriented PHP and MVC frameworks.
Online Catalogs and/or E-Commerce Systems
Content Management Systems
Online Payment Systems (Authorize.net, VeriSign, PayPal, GoogleCheckout)
Online Shipping Tools (UPS, FedEx, USPS)
Inventory Management/Accounting/Fulfillment Systems
What to submit
1. A cover letter that demonstrates your qualifications for the position as outlined above. This should include a description of your role in projects of relevant experience.
2. Three professional references.
3. Current resume
4. Work samples (links to online code, or provided demos if available)
1. Resumes will be screened by our hiring committee
2. Work Samples/Portfolios of selected candidates will be reviewed
3. Remaining candidates may be given one or more skills and other assessments related to the position
4. Remaining candidates will be interviewed in-person at our Kansas City office
What can you expect from us
This is a full-time salaried position including health insurance, vacation, retirement and other paid benefits.
Send your resume, salary requirements, and work samples to email@example.com.